How can i find the last time a user logged in from Jira from an external api?

Deleted user December 14, 2015

I'm developing an external application which needs to know when the last time users logged in to Jira. JIRA is using Crowd for the user directory. How can I query via REST or another method (to JIRA and Crowd) to find out this information?

I know this information is recorded as I can see it when I view the user in Jira.

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2015

Hi Steven,

As far as I know there is no such REST API. But you can get that information directly from the database:

Best regards,

Bruno

Deleted user October 12, 2018

I logged a request to add this info to the API: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-64260

Like Kirill Karpelson likes this
Kirill Karpelson May 21, 2019

good luck with that

Like # people like this
mzhydenko January 16, 2019

so what attribute is needed ?

Deleted user January 16, 2019

See Description above: "last time users logged in to Jira." (and "last time users logged in to Confluence"!)

mzhydenko January 16, 2019

@[deleted] thank you!

I was asking the exact name of the attribute to expand the lastLogin date

Like ICT Support likes this
mzhydenko January 29, 2019

@Rik Helsen one more question, is this a call for Jira Cloud ?

Rik Helsen January 29, 2019

the URL https://xxx.atlassian.net kind of gives that away :)
(so yes)

Like kamil.kominek likes this
mzhydenko January 29, 2019

@Rik Helsen thank you for the answer. Do you know how to retrieve the same data from the Jira Server api ?

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2015

Hi Steven,

I checked JIRA REST API and do not see a method that returns user info along with last loging time. Also I do not see last login time in Crows REST API doc.

I guess you need to develop a custom JIRA REST addon to serve the info you need.

Deleted user December 14, 2015

That's what I thought. So I need to make a add-on for JIRA and call this information from an internal Java API?

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2015

Looks like this is the only way.

Deleted user October 12, 2018

@Volodymyr Krupach, @[deleted] I logged a request to add this info to the API: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-64260

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events