cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove index page created with blueprint

Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2014

I was wondering what I need to do to have a blueprint I made not create that index page that get created when you create a blueprint? This is the page that list all the pages created with that blueprint and has a button to create more page from that blueprint. I just want my blueprint to create the actual blurprint page and thats it.

This page (https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Confluence+Blueprints) explains how to rename that index page or how to use a custom template to replace it, but not how to have the blueprint not create the page in the first place.

<blueprint key="myplugin-blueprint"
index-key="myplugin-index"
index-template-key="myplugin-index-template"/>
<content-template ref="myplugin-template"/>
</blueprint>
Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
dT July 7, 2014

Hi Alex,

Skipping the index-page creation is possible in Confluence 5.5 onward. In your <blueprint> module descriptor in the atlassian-plugin.xml file, add a new attribute:

disable-index-page="true"

It's currently an easter egg but should be documented in a future release.

Good luck!

Edit: As explained in the comments, this parameter is stored in the database when the blueprint is first created. So it works ok on new index-key.

Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2014

Hi,

I tried adding that but it still shows up. This is what I have for the blueprint module:

<blueprint key="my-blueprint" index-key="releasenotes" index-template-key="" disable-index-page="true" >

Is that correct?

I am running confluence 5.5.2

dT July 8, 2014

Hi Alex,

That really should be working for you - I've just tried testing it locally and the Blueprint page is created at the top of the space, with no index page. The code disabling the index page is very simple - if the <blueprint> module in the plugin system has the attribute set, the "createAndPinIndexPage" code never gets called. Note that this won't remove an existing index page, only stop one from being created

Can you confirm that the version of the plugin XML running on your instance is the one with the "disable-index-page" attribute set? Also, it might be good to double-check the version of the "Confluence Create Content Plugin" in the "Manage add-ons" admin screen. Is it 4.0.10 or higher?

Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2014

HI,

I just tried it again and still does not work. The create content plugin is at version 4.0.10. I uploaded a new plugin (updated pom file version # and made sure code was in blueprint module) and then I created a new blank space and tried it out. The index page was create along with the page template I set. Below is the code I have. I included the pom properties value in case something is wrong there that I overlooked but in general the blueprint is working fine, except that it creates that index page but that is actually what its suppose to do.

atlassian-plugin.xml:

<blueprint key="my-blueprint" index-key="releasenotes" disable-index-page="true" >

<content-template ref="one-template" />

<content-template ref="two-template" />

<content-template ref="three-template" />

<dialog-wizard key="releasenotes-wizard">

<dialog-page id="page1Id"

template-key="MyPlugin.Blueprints.ReleaseNotes.page1Form"

title-key="my.blueprint.wizard.page1.title"

last="true"

description-header-key="my.blueprint.wizard.page1.desc.header"

description-content-key="my.blueprint.wizard.page1.desc.content"/>

</dialog-wizard>

</blueprint>

Pom file properties values:

<properties>

<confluence.version>5.5.0</confluence.version>

<confluence.data.version>5.5.0</confluence.data.version>

<amps.version>4.2.20</amps.version>

<plugin.testrunner.version>1.1.4</plugin.testrunner.version>

<create-content.version>2.1.15</create-content.version>

</properties>

cylon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2014

Hey Alex,

Can you please try changing your pom so that confleunce and create content versions are updated? So thats <confluence.version> to 5.5.3 and <create-content.version> to 4.0.15

Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2014

Hi,

Still no luck. I am not sure why this seems to work for other people but not me.

I am running Confluence version 5.5.2 so i changed it to that instead of 5.5.3 and my Confluence create content plugin version is 4.0.10

Also, not sure if it matters but my atalssian SDK version is 4.2.20

Here is what I have in those files now:

pom file:

<properties>

<confluence.version>5.5.2</confluence.version>

<confluence.data.version>5.5.2</confluence.data.version>

<amps.version>4.2.20</amps.version>

<plugin.testrunner.version>1.1.4</plugin.testrunner.version>

<create-content.version>4.0.10</create-content.version>

</properties>

atlassian-plugin file:

<blueprint key="my-blueprint" index-key="releasenotes" disable-index-page="true" >

cylon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2014

Hey Alex,

I've just tested this locally:

1. clean v5.5.3 of confluence instance, create meeting notes from blueprint.
  2. delete meeting notes index page
  3. update atlassian-plugin file so that meeting notes and filelist blueprints have disable-index-page="true"
  4. install blueprint plugin

So filelist is created without an index page but meeting notes is created with an index page. This tells me that the disable-index-page="true" is stored in the database when the blueprint is first created and subsequent modifications to this value isn't propagating through.

This sounds a bit like what you're experiencing as the code definitely looks right.

Could you please try killing your confluence home data and bring up a fresh installation of Confluence to install your plugin on?

Like liufeng likes this
ProjectteamA December 19, 2016

Hi

although this thread is quite old: I had the same problem and found the reason why this is happening. 

On the first installation I hadn't set the disable-index-page flag and I created some pages with the blueprint. Then I updated the plugin with the flag set but the index page was still created. So I had a look on how plugins are installed and configured and found that the blueprint is registered in the database and this entry is not correctly updated on reinstallation. Not even when you uninstall and reinstall.  So I tried manipulating the db in our test env and it worked.

On my setup I found a table AO_54C900_CONTENT_BLUEPRINT_AO containing the field INDEX_DISABLED. This field showed NULL for my blueprint even though I set disable-index-page="true" in the blueprint descriptor.  Setting the value on the DB to 1 solved it for me.

Cheers Liesa

Like liufeng likes this
2 votes
Sarah Sand October 1, 2018

Has anyone found a more current way of achieving this? Our sys admin and I weren't able to find the file mentioned above in current versions of Confluence, unfortunately.

0 votes
cylon
Atlassian Team
July 9, 2014

Hey Alex,

Can you please try changing your pom so that confleunce and create content versions are updated? So thats <confluence.version> to 5.5.3 and <create-content.version> to 4.0.15

0 votes
Yagnesh Bhat
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2014

I dont think its possible to remove that page, as confluence needs it for idnexing all the pages created by the blueprint. However, you can redirect the editor to make all the blueprint pages to be created as child pages of any single parent page. I have answered it in your another question here:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/311559/is-it-possible-to-create-a-blueprint-with-a-child-page

Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2014

Hi,

Can that single parent page be any page you want? Like say I want all blueprint pages to by child pages of the home page of a space. Would this replace that index page that gets created now or would that index page still be created?

Yagnesh Bhat
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2014

Yes, the single parent page can be any page you want. The space home page is also a page within the space, so technically it shouldnt give you any issues.

In this case too, I think that index page would still be created, but you can restrict that page to one or more users, so they wont see it. Give it a try.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events