Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I modify existing gadget to display different chart?

Shantonu Hossain October 16, 2013

Hi,

I am newbie in plugin and gadget development. I want to create a gadget for JIRA to display charts. I was able to develop simple gadgets with the help of atlassian tutorials but coudn't find anything that describes how an existing gadget can be modified to show different charts. For an example, I want to modify the atlassian gadget Created Vs Resolved Chart to XX Vs YY Chart. Is it possible and how I can access the source of the gadget?

Thanks a lot in advance!

- Shantonu

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2013

If you have a valid JIRA license, you can get the JIRA source code and find the source of this plugin.

Shantonu Hossain October 16, 2013

My company do have the license. Thanks a lot for your reply!

Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 17, 2013

Are you planning to copy the atlassian-gadget and use the code in your own plugin?

(I wouldn't recommend to override it in the JIRA source core)

Shantonu Hossain October 17, 2013

@Paul Pasler, I am not planning to copy the code, just need the insight on how to write gadgets with charts as I am developing a similar one. Could you please let me know if that's okay?

In case anyone else is looking for the source code, here is the location for the existing gadgets in the JIRA source - <your_atlassian_jira_src_directory>\jira-project\jira-components\jira-plugins\jira-gadgets-plugin

Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 20, 2013

Hi Shantonu,

I cant see a problem with that :)
If you have any further question, post it here.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events