How can I merge one or more fix version into another fix version via a remote API?

Valdis Rigdon July 19, 2011

Using the JIRA CLI plugin, I can get a list of versions. Is there a way to merge one version into another via a remote API?

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2011

One more answer. If you are using Greenhopper, then define a parent version (basically your new merged version) and make the existing two versions as children of the new version. Once done, do a 'sync issues' and Greenhopper will update all the issues with your newly created merge version.

Once done, you may also decide to delete the old versions from the Manage Versions in Jira. Or simply leave it there as it will clearly indicate from where it originated.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2011

Isn't i t straight forward to define the new version and update all the existing issues (with the old versions) with SOAP to this new version and delete off the old ones?

Or even simpler, define the new version, do search for the issues which the old versions, do a bulk edit to move those issues to the newer one?

Or am i missing something?

Valdis Rigdon July 24, 2011

I guess that's possible, but I was hoping for a "merge" API similar to the web interface where you can merge many versions into one version without have to go through the bulk edit step.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events