Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I invoke an external webservice from a press of a button on a JIRA view issue screen?

Joseph Malionek August 18, 2015

I am trying to develop a plugin that will send an HTTP PUT request to an external webservice using the content of specific fields of a given issue as the data of the request.

Essentially, it will add a "Print" button onto issue view screens. Once this button is clicked, it should populate a template with content of certain fields (the summary, description, assignee, date created etc..) of the issue it was triggered from.  The populated template should result in JSON format. Then the external webservice should be invoked using the JSON in an HTTP PUT request.

P.S - My instance of JIRA is hosted on our server, not on the cloud so this must be done via a Plugin2 plugin instead of a connect add-on.

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2015

For my instance, I accomplished this via a post-function groovy script. I needed a button that when clicked, will trigger a Jenkins Build. In the post-function, you have a couple options :

I am using the second one which gives me more freedom.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events