How can I implement the autocomplete renderer for my custom field?

Brice Gestas _Elements_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2011

Hi all,

I'm making a jira plugin and I need to implement the autocomplete renderer (the same as the one of components and versions on a jira project) for my own custom field but I can't find any documentation about it in the jira development doc...Is that possible? How can I do that?

Thanks for helping ;)

5 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brice Gestas _Elements_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2012

Hi Etienne,

I finally used the following autocomplete jquery plugin => http://www.devbridge.com/projects/autocomplete/jquery/#download

Regards

0 votes
Etienne Etienne January 10, 2012

Hi Brice,

I tested the autocomplete jquery plugin and it works perfectly in local, but I have difficulties when I want to use it on my customfield :

I think the ressources are not correctly loaded, I trie to include in the atlassian-plugin.xml

<web-resource key="myResource" name="myResource" >

<resource type="download" name="jquery-1.3.2.min.js" location="jquery/jquery-1.3.2.min.js"/>
<resource type="download" name="jquery.autocomplete.js" location="jquery/jquery.autocomplete.js"/>
<resource type="download" name="shadow.png" location="jquery/shadow.png"/>
<resource type="download" name="styles.css" location="jquery/styles.css"/>
<resource type="download" name="autocomplete.ashx" location="jquery/autocomplete.ashx"/>
<resource type="download" name="haha.js" location="jquery/haha.js"/>
<context>atl.general</context>
</web-resource>

or in the vm file

<scripttype="text/javascript"src="jquery.js"></script>
<scripttype="text/javascript"src="jquery.autocomplete.js"></script>

but without success.

Can you tell me how you include the ressources please?
regards, Etienne

Brice Gestas _Elements_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2012

Hey Etienne, your declaration seems to be well declared.

Here is my declaration :

<!--  Autocompletion -->
    <web-resource key="autocomplete.sqlfeed" name="Script JS about popup managment" >
         <resource type="download" name="autocomplete-sqlfeed.js" location="includes/js/autocomplete.js" />
         <resource type="download" name="autocomplete-sqlfeed.css" location="includes/css/autocomplete.css" />
         <resource type="download" name="autocomplete-sqlfeed-handler.js" location="includes/js/autocompleteHandler.js" />
         <resource type="download" name="images/" location="images/"/>
         <context>jira.general</context>
         <context>jira.admin</context>
    </web-resource>   

Usually, you don't have to import your js ressource in vm resource.

Regards

0 votes
Etienne Etienne January 5, 2012

Thank you for your quick answer, I will explore that solution

Thanks again

Brice Gestas _Elements_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2012

You're welcome!

Good luck!

0 votes
Etienne Etienne January 5, 2012

If you find something, can you share it please?

I have the same issue than you.

Tahnks and goold luck

0 votes
Brice Gestas _Elements_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2011

Nobody has a tip?

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events