How can I get the description field in html format using JIRA Rest Java ?

Joshua Bloch January 25, 2016

I can get the Description field for an Issue in HTML format using REST like this: 

http://localhost:8080/rest/api/2/search?jql=issuekey+in+(AP-6)&fields=description&expand=renderedFields

How can I get the rendered field using Java Rest ? 

The Description field is in wiki format . Or there is any way to convert wiki markup to html?

Thank you

4 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote

//I am using the java api like this 

JiraRestClient restClient = factory.createWithBasicHttpAuthentication(jiraServerUri, "user", "password");
NullProgressMonitor pm = new NullProgressMonitor();
Issue issue = restClient.getIssueClient().getIssue("AP-6", pm);

//get description for my issue

String desc = issue.getDescription();

//this will return the description in wiki render format , how can I expand the renderedFields and get the description in html format?

0 votes

Yes , Mario , but using the JIRA Rest Java library .

Thank you

0 votes
Mario Günter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2016

Hi Gabrielle, 

I think Joshua wants to get a renderable format of description field for putting it into a html page, right? 

Cheers, Mario

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2016

I don't understand the question. Can you please give examples or screenshots to help?

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events