Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get my web-item to link to and display an icon?

Matt Albone October 14, 2012

Hello, I'm creating some new menu buttons in confluence, and inside my local version of confluence, the one created using 'atlas-run', the icons appear just fine using the following in my atlassian-plugin.xml:

<web-item key="archive" name="archive" section="system.content.button"  weight="40">
    	<context-provider class="com.dneg.menu.menuoptions.MenuOptionsHelper" />
        <label>Archive Status: $archive </label>
        <link>/plugins/menuoptions/menuoptions.action?json={id:$page.id,flag:archive,status:$archive}</link>
        <icon height="16" width="16">
            <link>/images/icons/classic/16/86.png</link>
        </icon>
        <condition class="com.atlassian.confluence.plugin.descriptor.web.conditions.NotPersonalSpaceCondition"/>
    </web-item>

In the <link> parameter, the '/images/...' refers to the 'webapps/' folder within the local confluence installation. However, when i install the same plugin on the remote server, this link no longer finds the icon I need.

I looked into the file directory and found that the /webapps/ folder in the remote server is empty, which led me to think that maybe it isn't used.

My question is, where would I have to place my icon in order for the '/images/...' icon link to be found?

Another possible solution would be if anyone could tell me how to add the icon to my plugin, such as in the resources folder, how would I then set up my link in the XML to point at the resources folder?

Thank in advance

Matt

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matt Albone October 14, 2012

Never mind, the method above does work, there were some issues with our tomcat servers earlier which is why it wasn't working then. I'd post what the issues were to potentially help someone else but I'm afraid I have no idea

Matt

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events