Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find a list of users who are logged in confluence in a given interval of time?

Shelly January 6, 2015

How can I find a list of users who are logged in confluence in a given interval of time, using a script or query? We are currently using version 3.4.9. We are also using LDAP authentication. I tried using a couple of scripts but, the data I received was not accurate.

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2015

Hi Shelly, 

Since you want to want to get a list of users who are logged on Confluence for licensing purpose, I believe the links below will be useful for you.

On this link you can find how many active users are counting on Confluence License.

This another one you will find some ways to know who are logged on Confluence. It is more to audit purposes but also you might think interesting :).

The last one will let you know what users haven’t logged into Confluence since a certain date. 

Regards, 

Renato Rudnicki

1 vote
Shelly January 8, 2015

Okay so, I am using a query which I think is working fine for my requirement:

select u.name, p.date_val from external_entities u

join OS_PROPERTYENTRY p on u.id = p.entity_ID

where entity_key='confluence.user.last.login.date'

order by date_val desc;

I can modify it further to make it work for a given time interval like this:

select u.name, p.date_val from external_entities u

join OS_PROPERTYENTRY p on u.id = p.entity_ID

where entity_key='confluence.user.last.login.date'

AND date_val between '2014-01-01' and '2014-12-01'

Thank you so much for the help smile

1 vote
Paula Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2015

Hi Shelly,

You can try the solution How to Enable User Access Logging.

Thanks and regards,
Paula Silveira

Shelly January 6, 2015

Thank you, Paula. I think we can try this one for our requirement but, can you please suggest me a query, to accomplish the same? We require this information for licensing purpose or is there any other way we can get this information?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events