It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I change style sheets (.CSS)

John Simonson Feb 22, 2012

The Fix Version drop-down select box is only 250px wide, whereas the edit field is 500px. As you can see, some of our Version names are so long that they cannot be distinguished within the narrow select box.

Is there a way to change the style sheet so that the width of the select box corresponds to the text field?

I believe that this could be changed in a "batch.css" file, but I cannot locate this on our deployment. I assume it is in a source file someplace - is there a way to get access to it there?

ciao - John

2 answers

0 votes
Sean Curtis Atlassian Team Mar 11, 2012

Hi John,

In JIRA 4.4 we've greatly improved the rendering for that field. I'd recommend upgrading but if you can't the easiest way to make some subtle CSS changes is to add an html style block to the Announcement Banner.

Cheers,

Sean

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz Mar 11, 2012

The batch.css is generated on the fly. If you can figure out the css tags you want to use, you can then modify one of the *.css files in the ui directory. The upgrade process will detect that the *.css is modified to remind you that you need to continue to modify the code on each upgrade. The *_min.css files are the files that get concatenated but you should modify both forms to keep things consistent.

Just make sure the file you modified was in the batch.css file.

I believe I modified filenames something like au_override*.css awhile ago to allow checkboxes and radio buttons to go across instead of down.

If I remember correctly you will need to stop and start Jira to get the batch file recreated.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Statuspage

⭐️Would you recommend Statuspage? Leave a (honest!) review. ⭐️

Hi Community friends, We're working on sourcing more reviews on Capterra – a popular software review site –  to help teams like yours make more informed decisions when choosing an inc...

82 views 3 5
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you