Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I auto-assign based on custom field data?

Dave Sokolowski July 3, 2012

We are trying to scale down the use of components (from 70 to 40) and would like to be able to auto-assign based on a custom field selection.

Is there a post function I can use that will auto-assign depending on the field value? I know how to set it per workflow/issue type, but not on field value.

Thanks!

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
grundic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2012

I would recomend to use script runner and set assignee in post-function - here is docs.

The other way to do it - via javascript on client side. This way user will see applyed chages and could affect end result (if he knows what is he doing). An example of javascript code can be found here.

Hope it helps.

Dave Sokolowski October 15, 2012

Okay, I guess I was looking for a way that didn't include custom dev. But thanks for the answers!

1 vote
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2012

Try to write a plugin which contains java script and install the plugin, based on the field value of the custom field try to auto assign.Check this link for how to add plugin https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Adding+Plugin+and+Module+Resources

0 votes
Dave Sokolowski October 15, 2012

Okay, I guess I was looking for a way that didn't include custom dev. But thanks for the answers!

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events