Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How automatically change the status of an issue when we attach a file to it ?

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2011

I am trying to create a plugin which which will change the status of an issue to a specified status when we attach any file to it.

I am doing this because i want to maintain consistency of any attached file to a issue upto a specific status.

Thanks in advance ..

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2011

Hi ,

I got my plugin working as i wanted.

i used MutableIssue issue1=getIssueObject(); to get the issue and added workflowTransitionUtil.progress(); to the code.

public class AttachFileChecker extends AttachFile {
Logger log=Logger.getLogger(AttachFileChecker.class);

public AttachFileChecker(
IssueLinkManager issueLinkManager,
SubTaskManager subTaskManager,
FieldScreenRendererFactory fieldScreenRendererFactory,
FieldManager fieldManager,
ProjectRoleManager projectRoleManager,
CommentService commentService,
AttachmentService attachmentService,
AttachmentManager attachmentManager,
IssueUpdater issueUpdater,
TemporaryAttachmentsMonitorLocator temporaryAttachmentsMonitorLocator) {
super(issueLinkManager, subTaskManager, fieldScreenRendererFactory,
fieldManager, projectRoleManager, commentService, attachmentService,
attachmentManager, issueUpdater, temporaryAttachmentsMonitorLocator);
}

@Override
protected String doExecute() throws Exception {
String ret_val = super.doExecute();
if (!ret_val.equals(Action.ERROR)){
postCreationTasks();
}
return ret_val;
}

private void postCreationTasks() {
MutableIssue issue1=getIssueObject();
final String remoteuser=ComponentManager.getInstance().getJiraAuthenticationContext().getUser().getName();
WorkflowTransitionUtil workflowTransitionUtil = ( WorkflowTransitionUtil ) JiraUtils.loadComponent( WorkflowTransitionUtilImpl.class );
workflowTransitionUtil.setIssue(issue1);
workflowTransitionUtil.setUsername(remoteuser);
workflowTransitionUtil.setAction(5);
workflowTransitionUtil.progress();
System.out.println("I reached here !!"+issue1.getSummary());
}
}

Thanx to Jobin and Nic :)

Nathanael Jefry April 26, 2018

Where should i put this code? is it a listner?

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2011

That sounds like a job for a listener. A listener can pick up the event (issue updated, from memory), scan it to see if the change was "attach a file" and then you can push it through a transition (bear in mind that your workflow will need to support that)

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2011

I tried do acheive this using a listener but was unable to do so .

now i created a plugin which extends jira action to attach file and i am able to do something like printing on the console when i attach any file.

now the only thing remaining is to change the issue status, for this i wrote a function however the issue status does not change from open->resolved.

below is the function i wrote .

MutableIssue issue = ComponentManager.getInstance().getIssueFactory().getIssue();
WorkflowTransitionUtil workflowTransitionUtil = ( WorkflowTransitionUtil ) JiraUtils.loadComponent( WorkflowTransitionUtilImpl.class );
workflowTransitionUtil.setIssue(issue);

System.out.println("I reached here !!");
}

"I reached here !!" is printed in the console when i attach a file.

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2011

I am even trying to do this through listeners, i am unable to scan the issue updated event to check whether the change was "Attach a file".

Can you help me ?

thanx :)

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2011

Where are you calling workflowTransitionUtil.progress method? I don't see it in the above snippet. You need to call progress after setting issue, action etc!

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2011

When i called workflowTransitionUtil.progress(); it caused a runtime exception(Null pointer Exception) so i removed it without knowing its importance.

Now i found that the mutable issue object is null and since it is null cant perform any action on the issue.

i am trying to get the issue object in some other function however still it gives null value for the issue and prints a message continuosly.

below is the code

public class AttachFileChecker extends AttachFile(......

Logger log=Logger.getLogger(AttachFileChecker.class);
@Override
public String doDefault() throws Exception {
ComponentManager compMan=ComponentManager.getInstance();
MutableIssue issue1=compMan.getIssueFactory().getIssue();
final String remoteuser=ComponentManager.getInstance().getJiraAuthenticationContext().getUser().getName();
String iss =issue1.getSummary();
log.debug("this works");
System.out.println("Doing my crazy stuff here!"+iss+"..."+remoteuser);
return null;
}
@Override
protected String doExecute() throws Exception {
String ret_val = super.doExecute();
if (!ret_val.equals(Action.ERROR)){
postCreationTasks();
}
return ret_val;
}

/*WorkflowTransitionUtil workflowTransitionUtil = ( WorkflowTransitionUtil ) JiraUtils.loadComponent( WorkflowTransitionUtilImpl.class );
workflowTransitionUtil.setIssue(issue1);
workflowTransitionUtil.setUsername(remoteuser);
workflowTransitionUtil.progress();*/
System.out.println("I reached here !!");
}
}

Can u help me with this ?

thanx :)

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2011

I'm not even sure from memory that attaching an issue generates an event in all versions of JIRA. I did something like this for the JASF plugin that sets a copyright property on attachments by extending the action class just as Mizan did.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events