Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HipChat Connect not available on standalone AMI installation

Derek Noort January 29, 2016

I can't seem to find the option to enable HipChat connect on our standalone AMI installation.

I gathered the instructions from here: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/wiki/display/HIPDEV/About+HipChat+Connect#AboutHipChatConnect-enable-hipchat-connectEnableHipChatConnect

I can't even see the 'Group Admin > Preferences' pane.

Does anyone know if HipChat connect is available for a non-Cloud installation?

If not, will it ever be available? We'd really like to take advantage of some of the new plugins such as Alias and Convergely.

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
rich
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2016

As of today, HipChat Connect is only available on HipChat Cloud. We are working to enable HipChat Connect in HipChat Server, but the team's priority is currently to make it available on cloud.

Derek Noort February 15, 2016

Thanks Rich, is there a timeline for this?

rich
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2016

Soon. Sorry... I can't elaborate on a date.

Anatoli
Atlassian Team
February 16, 2016

Right now we are thinking it is a matter of weeks (rather than months) before we get the new version of HipChat Server released that supports HipChat Connect. (Obviously it can change if we find problems/roadblocks)

Derek Noort February 17, 2016

Great, thanks Anatoli!

Derek Noort March 10, 2016

Hi there!

Any update on when this will be released?

Thanks!

Anatoli
Atlassian Team
March 13, 2016

Hi Derek,

Haven't released the new version yet. Planning to have beta out soon (still weeks away) and then several weeks after we will have a proper release.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events