Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide 'Fix Version/s' from only issue view screens

pratikraj11 March 27, 2017

I want to Hide 'Fix Version/s' from only  issue view/Summary screens. Id I will do with field Configuration it will be applied everywhere but I want only it should be limited to  view/Summary screens. Any suggestions?

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2017

Either the field is hidden or it is not.  You can not use "hide" to remove it from some of the screens - the field configuration is for the whole issue type.

You can remove the field from all screens except "view", but that would of course mean you have a dead field - the users have no way to enter it

pratikraj11 March 28, 2017

Isn't any way where we can restrict Hide only to ISSUE view screen. 

We are using this field in reports so we cant hide it completely, We just need to Hide it from View screen of any issue type. We also want this for a particular project category, anyways I will think on that if you can suggest any way.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2017

This is starting to sound like a very broken use case.

If you have a fix version to put on an issue, why do you want to hide it?  If it's hidden, it's pretty much useless, so why bother?

pratikraj11 March 29, 2017

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Hey, I was hoping if you can provide a solution, I already had given an overview, you should understand there can be requirement like that in a company and you can not decide its a broken use case unless you understand so, If  you can  not assist fine.  Sorry can not detail you further. Thanks 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2017

I am trying to help, but I can't give you a good answer if I don't understand what you are trying to achieve.

At the moment, that appears to be "have a field that we can't actually use".  The answer in this case is already covered - hide it in the field configuration and the users won't be able to use it.

Could you explain what you are trying to do for the end user?  Forget "I want to hide field", that's a solution, not a requirement.  Tell us what the end user is expected to see and do.

pratikraj11 March 30, 2017

Actually we are not continuing Fix Version field and We have data in existing issues Which we will be needed to generate reports in Agile. Thus we want this field should not be visible in Issue view screen.

Anyways We used java Script for the same. This Issue is solved. Thanks for help.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2017

Ok, no need to hide it at all then, and a poor fix (as javascript hacks are always a poor thing to do), but I'm glad you've got there.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events