Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helpdesk issue escalation by creating new issue and linking?

Andrew Culver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2012

We have a support environment with multiple levels of support. The first level of support would like to be able to escalate issues to the higher levels by creating a new issue for the upper level, while still keeping the original issue in their project.

Ideally, they could press an "Escalate" on their issue, it would bring them to an issue create screen where the summary, description and some other fields would be copied from the original issue, but could be modified. Then when the new issue is created, the old/new issues would be linked as "escalated from/escalated to."

What's involved in creating this function?

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2012

Sounds to me like the Create and Link plugin. Its not updated for JIRA5 but maybe you can do that yourself since it is open source or ask Matt ;)

1 vote
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2012

I think this could be easily achieve with the Script Runner plugin.

It has a Workflow Post-Function called 'Script Post-Function' there you can configure to create a new issue in the 'Escalate' step that you create and link the two of them.

The only thing different would be that you won't have the Create Screen in order to change the fields. You can do two things for this, you can create the issue and then edit it or in other way you can predefine what fields would be assigned in the create moment of the issue.

Cheers!

0 votes
Andrew Culver
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2012

Thank you both for your answers. I will explore them both, as they both seem to have potential. I read a bit about the plugins Jobin suggested, and I believe these will be closest to what I'm looking for.

Andrew

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events