Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone used Confluence as an LMS

Michael Veramo October 7, 2016

Does anyone have any comments on using Confluence as an LMS? 

Seems it can host content just fine across lots of branches. I haven't tried the mobile client.

There is an add on for tests and we should be able to build macros for additional functionality.

Thoughts?

3 answers

1 vote
Kevin Daniels April 25, 2017

Hi Michael,
You can use the  Learn Up add-on for Confluence :

Create and modify enriched learning content types
Link or attach Images and add descriptions
Link Youtube and Vimeo or attach you video files
Embed Code to insert PREZI, Slideshare or any other enriched content
Import pages from confluence
Create Quizzes with predefined answers
Centralized one stop shop Training catalog
Easy search and filter capabilities
Launch course sessions and follow at your own pace

Cheers

Kevin

0 votes
Azwandi _ServiceRocket_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 20, 2019

I'd love to speak with anyone interested in this topic. At ServiceRocket, training and learning development is our specialty. Check out our new SCORM Learning for Confluence app.

Our goal is to make it a breeze for you to run training/learning program in Confluence. Easy and simple upload, delivery and tracking via SCORM standard.

Disclaimer: I'm from the ServiceRocket team who built the app.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2016

Could you give us a bit more context?

LMS = Least Mean Square to my mind (which it doesn't work for, because it's not a calculator), although realising you don't mean that lead me to Library Management System, Last Man Standing and so-on.

Could you explain roughly what you're looking for here?  The answer is "probably", but it would be helpful to give us an explanation including what you mean by branches and what you want from "additional functionality".  (On mobile, Confluence is not great, but Atlassian are working on it)

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2016

Probably Learning Management Systemsmile

Michael Veramo October 9, 2016

Sorry, Learning Management System.

There is an entire market for Content and Learning Management Systems that include the capabilities to author, present, assess and track learning content and learners.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2016

I've seen a lot of places use it for training and learning, but it tends to be used as part of a set of tools.  It's great for content, but there's no tracking of learning or course completion - that tends to be done in other systems (often JIRA because of the tight integration possible between the two)

I've not tried the testing add-ons, but as similar ones such as surveys and forums work quite well, I can see how a testing add-on might be of great use.

Kate _izi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 8, 2018

Hi Michael,

You can create educational tests and training courses using the izi - LMS for Confluence add-on. It allows you to make educational tests and courses for employee and customer education right in Confluence.

Kind regards,

Katerina Kolina

Pilar Bello April 2, 2019

Hi Katerina,

Is there any way to see the tracking and metrics of all the participants in all courses at the same time?

Thank you in advance

Pilar

Like jdanelon likes this
Kate _izi_
Marketplace Partner
April 2, 2019

Hi Pilar,

The app doesn't have such an overview yet. But we have this request in our internal backlog. I added your vote there. I can let you know when we implement this.

Kind regards,

Katerina

Like jdanelon likes this
Kevin Daniels April 2, 2019

Hi Pilar, I suggest you have a look at LearnUp, the Metrics module is quite complete and might address your need. 

Cheers

Kev

Like jdanelon likes this
Kate _izi_
Marketplace Partner
December 9, 2020

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events