Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware requirement

Srikant Reddy February 1, 2017

Hi 

We will be using JIRA Service Desk Server along with confluence. 

We will have around 80 service desk  users who will be accessing confluence only for knowledge base documents (Not many documents).

We will use JIRA to create projects for Service Desk. and we foresee a max of 25 process flows with some (around 5) of them being complex.

We have seen JIRA RequirementsJIRA Sizing Guide, and Confluence Server Hardware Requirements Guide.

As per that we are "small scale" enterprise and may graduate to "medium scale" after a year.

With this we want to propose below configuration to our Internal Cloud Infrastructure where we plan to install the JIRA servers

JSD Server - 4 Virtual CPU (approx 2.5 GHz) - 8 GB RAM

JSD DB Server - 4 Virtual CPU (approx 2.5 GHz) - 8 GB RAM

Confluence  Server- 2 Virtual CPU (approx 2.5 GHz) - 8 GB RAM

Confluence DB Server - 2 Virtual CPU (approx 2.5 GHz) - 8 GB RAM

Please can you guide if this configuration looks fine. As application scales we will increase the hardware specs, but for next year and half we believe above requirements.

We are in touch with your local partner for licenses but for hardware sizing they are not very helpful. 

Looking forward for your reply

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Henri Volk _amily_ February 1, 2017

Hi, to have different DB server is not a necessity but yes, recommended. I was more after why to have separate servers for JIRA and the Confluence services. Well as CentOS and Postgres is the combination used by Atlassian, it might have some percentage points better performance than any other combination (we use this combination as well smile). So I think you should be fine with the combination you suggested (assuming the DB server have sufficient HD performance and the network is not the bottleneck). But I am not a pro, just have some experince with the tools.

Cheers

0 votes

Hi Henri. We are told Network and DB performance should not be problem on cloud. Thanks for your feedback, it gives us confidence with what we are going.

0 votes

Thanks Henri for quick response

There will be about 70 Agents and 10 Internal users. We will not have any customers at the moment or in near future directly accessing service desk. 

We plan to use Redhat Linux on the Internal Cloud server.

Regarding your comment on it being too distributed, i too felt it may not be necessary to have separate database server for confluence. But I am told that confluence also needs a separate database server and hence included. 

0 votes
Henri Volk _amily_ February 1, 2017

Hi, if you say "80 SD users", you mean customers? Agents? Core users?

Which OS are the virtual machines? IMHO it sounds as a good start, although quite distributed, but this probably is what you want (I mean e.g. if the Confluence DB is down, the Confluence Server is not useful anymore.....). If you run this on a local VM host you can anyway always increase the resources as you need.

You also should consider SSD disks... but for me it sounds more than enough...

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events