Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the list of changesets associated with an Issue in JIRA

Deleted user January 13, 2012

Is there a way to achieve this? We are trying to get all the changesets that are linked to an issue.

I tried with JIRA and FishEye APIs, but there seems to be no straight forward integration. One way that I see is to use the EyeQL but that also doesn't seem to be straight.

Any suggestions?

6 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2012

Hi Nikhil,

The way the source tab in JIRA works seems to be what you want - it is achieved via Fisheye's rest api. See this page for the exact details http://docs.atlassian.com/fisheye-crucible/latest/wadl/fisheye.html#d2e132

The simplest way I can see is to make a GET request to http://your_fisheye_instance:port/context/rest-service-fe/changeset-v1/listChangesets?rep=your_repository_name&comment=JIRA-Key-123 and parse the output. This query is faster than the equivilent EyeQL query, but obviously, it does not have the advanced filtering capabilities of EyeQL (like date range and/or file name globbing for example).

Deleted user January 15, 2012

Thanks Joe. This is closer to what I'm doing. But the catch is, the message might not always be just the Issue ID. hence I was using EyeQL to use matches.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2012

We do it like this with rest:

fisheye/api/rest/query?rep=repoName&query=select%20revisions%20from%20dir%20%22/%22%20where%20comment%20matches%20%22issueKey%22

Without escaping that translates to

"fisheye/api/rest/query?rep=repoName&query=select revisions from dir "/" where comment matches "issueKey""

Deleted user February 8, 2012

This is exactly the same that I'm also doing. But along with the to check if the file was deleted/added/changed we use /api/revision

0 votes
Lars Hüper June 27, 2012

Hi there,

nice to see, that there is a changeset-v1 service in the fisheye rest api. But why can't I find any word about this in the fisheye documentation???

Cheers

Lars

0 votes
Trevor Samaroo February 8, 2012

you need to write a fisheye rest plugin yourself - or simply use svnkit to grab all the commits yourself and parse out the keys. both of which i have done.

0 votes
Ganesh Gembali February 8, 2012

Hi,

I have a similar kind of requirement. I need to get all changesets and associated jira issue ids in a date range. First one is something we can do with EyeQL. But what about getting jira issue ids. Please note that I am new to crucible. Thanks.

Deleted user February 8, 2012

Ganesh,

I don't think there is a way to get the Issue IDs from FishEye Rest. We have an SVN hook that asks for a valid JIRA ID while commiting. This JIRA id is then searched in the comments while finding the changesets from FishEye. Hope this helps.

0 votes
Michael Thorpe January 14, 2012

Hi

Could you give me a more detailed explanation of what you wish to do and how you envisage it happening. For example, do you wish to drive the process my inside Jira or outside of Jira?

Regards

Michael

0 votes
Michael Thorpe January 13, 2012

Can I confirm that you are using FishEye?

If yes, and you have linked the repository to the Jira project, then you should have a new tab on the Issue activity stream that shows all of the changesets associated with a specific issue.

I can give you a more detailed answer if this is not showing for you.

Deleted user January 13, 2012

Yes Michael, we are using FishEye and we can see the source tab as well. We are basically trying to do this automatically through APIs to incorporate some sort of builds for only specific changesets for specific issues.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events