Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Original Estimate value in SOAP Client

Dmitry Berkut April 16, 2012

I'm currently using jira-soap-5.0.0.jar thirt part library in my RCP plug-in to get some information from JIRA server into a client, also I have to change some information in worklogs. But, I was suprised when I didn't find any method to get Original Estimate value for some issue. Does provide SOAP API this functionality, because I saw a lot of bugs about this question on https://jira.atlassian.com, for example - JRA-12498. Is there some solution about that operation (to get an original estimate value for current issue) through SOAP API, or maybe there is some another solution?

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2012

The time tracking fields I guess are actually custom fields and in the RemoteIssue that is returned in the SOAP request, I am assuming that you can find one of the field having the original estimate.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2012

No SOAP support for this. JIRA Command Line Interface uses a combination of SOAP and REST API to get all the fields including the original estimate field.

Dmitry Berkut April 16, 2012

Thanks for the reply, but I have already integrated both into my application. SOAP i use only for the supporting of some operations, such as:

updateWorklogAndAutoAdjustRemainingEstimate(java.lang.String token, RemoteWorklog remoteWorklog)

updateWorklogAndRetainRemainingEstimate(java.lang.String token, RemoteWorklog remoteWorklog)

updateWorklogWithNewRemainingEstimate(java.lang.String token, RemoteWorklog remoteWorklog, java.lang.String newRemainingEstimate).

And REST API I have implemented for getting all info about issue. If I correctly understood, REST client api doesn't support (or support correctly) above operations, such as updateWorklog.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2012

Yes, I think you need to use the combination.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events