cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting user profile links

Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2012

Hello,

I've been looking for quite a while now for a way to format a user profile link which would display a dropdown on hover just like the ones in the issue view.

I know this can easily be done with velocity, but i need it client-side. I get a list of users using an ajax request and then i'd like to format each one.

I couldn't find anything about the JIRA javascript API documentation.

The velocity template needed to render the link in the issue view is quite short and simple which makes me think that there are some listeners added on page load.

Does anyone know what I should use to get the dropdown on hover ?

Regards,

Florin Manaila.

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2012

Finally i found the function responsible for this in batch.js:

JIRA.userhover(context);

It scans the context for '.user-hover' and adds the necessary handlers.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2012

Check this out: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/AUI/Inline+Dialog

Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2012

I tried this using the same address for the request as the links from the issue view, but the dropdown has a "More" menu button which doesn't seem to work for me.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2012

You might want to have a look att the JIRA Source for that piece!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events