cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fonts used in local development vs production instances of confluence

Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2014

HI,

I have a custom theme that has some japanese characters in it for certain UI elements. When I am working on my localhost development instance, all the japanese characters get displayed correctly and look fine. As soon as I package it and uploaded it to my production instance of confluence, I get text like so: �?��?��??

Does anyone know why the japanese text gets displayed correctly on my local development instance and not production? I assumed it is a font issue and that production instance does not have a font that can handle japanese text but why does my localhost instance display it perfectly?

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2014

Hi Alex,

I was wondering if you have the right collation in the database, it might affect your display, as you could have a collation "latin1" to it. Can you please have a look on it?
Cheers.
WZ

Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2014

HI,

The collation is set to UTF-8.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events