FogBugz On Demand import to Jira failing on username.

Roanld Anderson Jr. August 24, 2014

Using the External System Import for FogBugz On Demand a failure occurs on the users names.

I'm trying to do some test migrations from the companies fogbugz on demand repository to jira to make things are setup right, but I currently can't even get past importing the users. A test project has been setup in both jira and fogbugz and the fogbugz project has 9 items and they are all assigned to the same user.

I've posted the log and the configuration file generated by the migration below, but note that I deleted all the project entries except for the test project from the configuration file.

I was also wondering if these migrations grab all the users from fogbugz or just the ones with items assigned to them that are part of the migration?

Let me know if any more information is needed to trouble shoot this problem.

The following log is generated:

2014-08-25 10:25:50,858 INFO - Import started by jira.fogbugz using com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.fogbugz.hosted.FogBugzHostedDataBean
2014-08-25 10:25:51,717 INFO - ------------------------------
2014-08-25 10:25:51,717 INFO - Importing: Users
2014-08-25 10:25:51,717 INFO - ------------------------------
2014-08-25 10:25:51,717 INFO - Only new items will be imported
2014-08-25 10:25:53,967 WARN - Invalid username '' - You must specify a username.
2014-08-25 10:25:54,311 ERROR - Cannot perform import due to 1 invalid usernames
com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.external.InvalidUsernamesException: Cannot perform import due to 1 invalid usernames
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.external.ExternalUserUtils.checkInvalidUsernames(ExternalUserUtils.java:145)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.external.ExternalUserUtils.prepareUsers(ExternalUserUtils.java:117)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.importer.impl.DefaultJiraDataImporter.importUsers(DefaultJiraDataImporter.java:540)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.importer.impl.DefaultJiraDataImporter.doImport(DefaultJiraDataImporter.java:321)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.importer.impl.ImporterCallable.call(ImporterCallable.java:26)
	at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.importer.imports.importer.impl.ImporterCallable.call(ImporterCallable.java:15)
	at com.atlassian.jira.task.TaskManagerImpl$TaskCallableDecorator.call(TaskManagerImpl.java:374)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at com.atlassian.jira.task.ForkedThreadExecutor$ForkedRunnableDecorator.run(ForkedThreadExecutor.java:250)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
2014-08-25 10:25:55,014 INFO - No issues need to be reindexed.

The configuration file generated by the import is as follows:
{ "field" : { }, "link" : { "Parent / Subcase" : "" }, "value" : { "sStatus" : { "Active" : "1", "Resolved" : "5", "Need Analysis / Estimate" : "4", "Closed" : "6" }, "workflowScheme" : "ICE Workflow Scheme", "sStatus (Resolution)" : { "Won't Respond" : "2", "Duplicate" : "3", "Implemented" : "1", "Closed" : "1", "Not Reproducible" : "5", "Completed" : "1", "Postponed" : "2", "Won't Fix" : "2", "Fixed" : "1", "Won't Implement" : "2", "Waiting For Info" : "4", "Already Exists" : "3" } }, "projectLead" : { "zJira.Test" : "jira.fogbugz" }, "projectName" : { "zJira.Test" : "zJira.Test" }, "projectKey" : { "zJira.Test" : "ZJIR" }, "projectSelection" : { "zJira.Test" : "true", } }

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
David Smith February 19, 2019

Its 2018 now and we're seeing the same issue. Is there a fix or workaround for this issue?

0 votes
larry_asakura July 28, 2016

Anyone have an answer to this? We're running into the same issue.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events