FisheEye/Crucible's 'Go To Next Element' and 'Go To Previous Element' buttons and keys not working in chrome

Shane Mathews, oneZero Financial December 10, 2014

I'm using 'Chrome 39.0.2171.95 m' and 'Atlassian FishEye analysis with Crucible code review. (Version:3.5.4 Build:20140917115234 2014-09-17)' and for some reason the next and previous element buttons and keys will only bring a page down by a fraction of a line, not getting anywhere near the actual element. For very large files this can be very difficult to get to all the elements and review them properly.

This works correctly in 'Firefox 34.0.5'.

Is this a known issue?

6 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2014

Hi Shane,

It seems to be a bug that it should fixed in Crucible 2.9.0 as you can see here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-5781

As a workaround you can try to attach a dummy file (an empty file) to the review will prevent the browser from hanging.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
wZ

1 vote
Eric Sabourin March 11, 2015

We are encountering the same problem, however we are using FishEye and Crucible 3.7.0.

The browser (Chrome) does not hang, but the next and previous element buttons and keys will only bring a page down by a fraction of a line.  Additionally, the Crucible review does not only contain one file.

Is there an update?

0 votes
Florian_Sauer April 13, 2016

Same here, does not work in Chrome, but works in Firefox.

Can we please fix?

The Tampermonkey work around doesn't work for me.

0 votes
Mike Hill December 2, 2015

I am experiencing this in Fisheye (with Crucible) version 3.4.3, build 20140508130738 (2014-05-08).

This seems to be an issue with animations in the version of jQuery used. I was able to work around the issue by installing the Tampermonkey Chrome extension and adding the following script:

window.addEventListener("load", function () {
	jQuery.fx.off = true;
});

This disables all jQuery animations. As a caveat, all other jQuery animations (such as highlighting the element that gets scrolled to) are disabled as well, but at least I can scroll effectively now.

The root issue seems to stem from the duration of the animation coupled with some synchronous process taking too much time on the front-end.

0 votes
Eric Sabourin April 16, 2015

Yes, according to Atlassian, this is a known issue. I don't think there is a date for resolution yet.

0 votes
Yolande Cates April 15, 2015

We are also seeing this with FishEye and Crucible 3.7.0. Chrome version 41.0.2272.118. The review contains two files. The first forward does correctly move to the next item but that item requires no scrolling of the code window. Unified diffs and full context settings were in use.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events