Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FishEye: doing binary file (document) reviews - any suggestions or how hard would it be?

jcurleyWR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2014

This is a FishEye question - correct?

I accept that Crucible/Fisheye no longer supports binary file reviews, for things like word documents, PDF files, etc. We have been told to write our own plugin, but I don't really have the time right now. Maybe next month.

Does anyone know of a third party vendor who has a plugin available? (I find the Atlassian Marketplace search function to be "wanting".)

Does anyone have an idea how hard it would be a plugin? Assume just PDF and Word docs and one person with average Perl skills and below average Java skills. The server runs on Unix (CentOS 6.4 if that makes a difference). One month? Two months? Find a contractor?

Thank you.

Anyone?

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2014

Hi John,

Maybe configuring specific file extensions to be treated as text files can help you?

You can edit the raw-mime.types file in the directory where you installed Crucible and add new file extensions to the "text/plain" list.

If that does not help, as there aren't any plugins available, I believe your best option is to get in touch with one of the Atlassian Experts that can develop a plugin or a customization for you.

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Support

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events