Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding a contractor for Plugin Updates

Eric Rawlins August 24, 2011

I have three plugins currently running perfectly in a JIRA 4.1.2 instance that I need updated for 4.4. These plugins are primarily workflow conditions, validators, and post-functions. There are also some custom fields derived from atlassian fields that perform additional validation based on the current user.

Two plugins are written in plugin version 2 and one is in plugin version 1. Most of the functionality itself is very simple, each .java file does very little.

The original developer is no longer with the company and while I'm working on learning both JAVA and plugin development there is currently nobody available to modify these plugins. I would like all 3, which currently work with 4.1.2, to be updated with the changes introduced in 4.2, 4.3, and 4.4. I'm interested in purely the maintenance changes required to make the plugins compatible with the latest version, no new functionality is required.

I'm looking to hire someone to do this due to the time constraints (I can't wait months to learn everything). I have all the source code and can use a service like vWorker.com to hire a contractor. Are there any developers who have experience applying the required changes from 4.2, 4.3, and 4.4 to existing plugins that would be interested in bidding on this project and would like to receive an invite to the private listing? I'd feel more comfortable with someone who uses the forums prior to opening bidding to the public.

5 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2011

This must be the year of consolidation! I also used to do exactly this kind of work with my own company Consulting Toolsmiths. However I'm doing everything through CustomWare at http://customware.net now. The Atlassian Partners website at http://partners.atlassian.com should help here.

~Matt

0 votes
Nilo Sarraf June 27, 2012

My team may be looking for a contractor to help us upgrade to the latest JIRA and to migrate all the current data. We are located in the Bay Area, CA.

Does anyone know how to find JIRA experts who can help us? Thanks!

0 votes
Gerald Tombs August 26, 2011

Hi Eric

Just to add to Marks point, be sure to ask him about the added value of the Atlassian Loyalty Scheme in conjunction with developing plugins.

Regards

Gerry

0 votes
Sales August 25, 2011

Hi Eric,

Clearvision can certainly help, we currently develop a number of plugins and products. www.clearvision-cm.com

We have experiance of simlar situations where we have assisted customers tailor existing plugins to work with the lastest Jira versions.

I would suggest that we set up a call with our technical team who can understand your requirements in more detail and then we can discuss next steps.

Please call or email me if you would like to discuss further,

Mark

Mark Crutchley

markc@clearvision-cm.com

Tel: +44 (0) 7092 086 439
Desk: +44 (0) 1489854013

Eric Rawlins August 25, 2011

It's likely that any consulting company is going to be out of my price range. I was looking more for an indivudual, although I will definitely reach out to the companies mentinoed thus far next week once I have everything gathered up and documented properly.

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2011

There are a few small consulting companies around, but they're usually paid by the hour. I sometime refer to myself as a JIRA plumber for that reason :-)

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2011

Have you tried asking Jobin? I've just been working with him today to help debug a plugin in Jira and he's been very good.

https://answers.atlassian.com/users/109/jobin-kuruvilla/

This is his company

http://www.j-tricks.com/

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2011

Oh, thanks Mathew. That's flattering ;) I work for Go2group now btw!

@Eric, You can reach us at http://www.go2group.com/

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events