Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract the information from each sub-page and export it into a tabular format for reporting purposes

William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2013

If we create a new set of pages in Confluence on a particular topic (e.g. post deployment discussion) and each of them follows the same template for information, is it possible to extract that information from each sub-page and export it into a tabular format for reporting purposes. Here's a very simple example

Confluence Page 1

Item Hours Spent Date
A 2 01/15/2013

Confluence Page 2

Item Hours Spent Date
B 1 01/11/2013

Desired Exported Result

Item Hours Spent Date
A 2 01/15/2013
B 1 01/11/2013

We're looking for a process more automated way to populate the desired expected result. Reason: There would be multiple users creating multiple pages in a single parent page using the same template.

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Neeraj Tiwari January 21, 2013

Also, I just noticed the Customware plugin is not free. We are actually looking for a non-paid plugin.

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2013

Look into the metadata and reporting plugins.

0 votes
Neeraj Tiwari January 21, 2013

Can you please point out the exact urls of these plugins? I looked at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.customware.confluence.plugin.reporting

But it still seems we will have to manually add macros inorder to use this plugin for its purpose. (Please correct me if I am wrong.)

Also, how does a metadata plugin help us and which one should I use? (Any urls would be helpful)

Can you please point out the plugins which completely automates what we are trying to do?

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2013

No, I don't think there are. These are the ones that come the closest I think.

Regarding: "manually add macros" - I don't think that is correct.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events