Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export pagetree to word doesn't work for Anonymous Users, why?

DebbieR November 26, 2014

Hi,

Can someone please explain to me when logged out as an anonymous user (which we have enabled for our Confliuence site), the option to Export pagetree to word isn't available from  the Tools drop-down selection.

Can someone (sorry beginner) tell me how to customise the Word template?

Instructions say to "Extract pageTreeWordExport.vm from the jar file, create directory $CONFLUENCE_HOME/WEB-INF/classes/templates and copy the files here. After any customization you make to this file, Confluence must be restarted."

See: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.metainf.confluence.plugin.pagetreeexporter.pagetree-word-exporter-plugin

Thanks very much,

Debbie

4 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
DebbieR December 7, 2014

Well, I upgraded to v3.0.3 (the latest version) and now Anonymous Users can Export to Word, however the export looks terrible. I've logged a ticket here: https://metainf.atlassian.net/browse/PTWE-3?filter=-2

Thanks

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2014

The export got worse when you upgraded?

DebbieR December 7, 2014

Well I'm not really sure as I only tried the one document. I was more concerned about getting it working for Anonymous Users, not so much the formatting at the time.

1 vote
DebbieR November 27, 2014
Thank you Jeff. I hadn't given them access, but now I have, and still have the same issue. Is there anything I'm missing? Please refer to the attached images. The first is a logged in user screen, the 2nd is an anonymous user screen, the 3rd is the permissions set for the anonymous user in the space. Thanks againimage 3.pngimage 2.pngImage 1.png.
0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2014

Debbie I believe you will get a direct answer by follow THIS link and generating a "Support Request" after creating an account. The vendor of this particular add-on may be able to address this more specifically for you.

DebbieR December 7, 2014

Thanks Steven. Will give that a try.

0 votes
JeffP November 27, 2014

Debbie,

Question 1: The instructions for configuring the permissions for a space are at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Assigning+Space+Permissions.  If the space administrator has not given anonymous users permission to Export space content, then these users will not see the Export option on the Tools drop-down list.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events