Export cycle times per issue per rapid board (or better : via rest api)

henk April 2, 2012

Hello

Greenhopper provides us with marvelous charts as the control chart and the cumulative flow chart.

However, I would like to do more with the data and drill down into it using Excel e.g. .

What would be the best way to get this data out of Greenhopper ?

Do I have to write a plugin that can give me an export ? Can I get this out of the database directly ? (I assume not because the cycle times are calculated on the fly) Are there any plans to get this data out via the REST API ?

Thanks for any ideas regarding this topic.

Henk

5 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
henk April 2, 2012

After some searching I found out that you can get to the data via the Greenhopper REST API.

There is a wadl also : http://<your jira server >/rest/greenhopper/1.0/application.wadl .

Still trying to figure out why I do not get a list of issues out of it though :( .

This is what I call : /rest/greenhopper/1.0/rapid/charts/controlchart?rapidViewId=33

This is the answer :

{"success":{"issues":[],"columns":[{"id":190,"name":"To Be Developed"},"currentTime":1333467511653}}

(I left some columns out)

Any idea's why the list of issues is empty ? The actual chart shows many.

0 votes
JP Rosevear May 12, 2014

totalTime and workingTime appear to be in milliseconds, leave time appears to be in unix epoch.

0 votes
Pål Werdenhoff April 17, 2013

@henksc, I am interested in how you understood and formatted the output. I am not sure what timeformat the JSON spits out, and how to understand the different transition states. Appreciate any feedback here :)

0 votes
Christoph Feddersen February 14, 2013

You might want to vote for this feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-4288

0 votes
henk April 2, 2012

One can use the Greenhopper REST API.

Via rapid/charts/controlchart and parameters rapidViewId, swimlaneId and columnId, one gets a json formatted return of the relevant issues and their duration and leave time for every given column. From this data the control chart can be created.

Be aware that the rapidViewId is mandatory, but that you also have to provide a swimlaneId because otherwise it will not find any issues matching the query.

Now of to doing something with these return values :)

Cheers.

HCL-ChannelApps April 23, 2018

How to get swinlaneid?

Brandon Schmidt November 6, 2018

Use the Control Chart manually in JIRA and you can find the value in the URL of your browser.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events