Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excerpt include doesn't read inside macro

Matthew Molineaux November 4, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Excerpt Include Macro

I'm trying to use an excerpt as part of a larger macro, and the excerpt-include doesn't find it. My guess is that the excerpt-include macro isn't performing macro expansion on the target page. Is there any way around this problem?

Here's a minimal example of a user macro (obviously useless by itself) that embeds the excerpt macro:

## @noparams

<ac:macro ac:name="excerpt">

<ac:rich-text-body>

<p>$body</p>

</ac:rich-text-body>

</ac:macro>

When this macro is used, an excerpt-include referencing the embedded macro just gives empty text.

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2016

Just to check that you have view access to both the source page and the destination page?

Matthew Molineaux November 7, 2016

Yes.

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2016

What is the enclosing macro? You can definitely access an excerpt that is in a macro.

Matthew Molineaux November 4, 2016

Thanks for answering. I updated with a minimal example.

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2016

Ah, hopefully a user macro maven like @Davin Studer will have an answer. I also added the user-macro label.

0 votes
Jennifer Magoon November 4, 2016

have you tried multi-excerpt? 

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events