cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excerpt Include with Some Bold Formatting Turns all Text Bold

MarkC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2015

I'm running into a problem where I'm using an Excerpt Include macro to include a block of text that contains some bold text on another page. However, all the text in the Excerpt Include is turned bold.

For example, the base text is something like this:

1. It does include numbered lists with some bold words
  2. In different places within the numbered list.

Then when the above list is rendered in an Excerpt Include, it comes out as the following:

1. It does include numbered lists with some bold words
  2. In different places within the numbered list.

Is this a known issue? Is there a way to resolve this?

This is occurring in 5.8.15.

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
MarkC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2015

User error. Please replace user and try again.

Somehow, the line with the excerpt include ended up being bold. I only figured it out after testing everything that I'd done previously, then finally looking at the source to find <strong>{EXCERPT}</strong>.

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2015

Hey Mark,

I tried on Confluence 5.8.10 and did not see as reported above.

Regards

Chander Inguva

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events