Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Evaluating Bamboo

captainspank December 28, 2013

I've been having a look at bamboo and evaluating it.

We have setup a dummy project that has been split up into multiple plans one for each version of Visual Studio 20XX, This way we can take advantage of the variables feature and pass in what version we would like to each build and also the toolset used. We would then like to pass in multiple plans to a deployment project and tie them all together, as far as I can see this cannot be done. Am I doing it wrong or does this feature just not exist? If not is it planned? It seems silly that you can template plans but not pull them all in at the end.

Many Thanks

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Gretchen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2014

I think the way you have to do it is to aggregate your artifacts into one plan and then pull them into a related deployment. I've found there's always a way to do this type of thing, though the solution tends to be application of brute force, like physically copying the artifacts from ..\otherplanname\target to .\target, or create a dependent task that pulls in the artifacts from the selected children. It's tough with branching because the build working directory changes depending on the branch.  Make sure your artifacts are shared or they won't be accessible to other plans.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events