Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: "An option provided by the function 'cascadeOption' for the field 'cf[12101]' does not exist."

Lionel Cassin December 26, 2014

Hello - 

I think this might be a problem with the cascadeOption function, specifically using that function with cascading select fields that have multiple field configurations, i.e., different sets of cascading values for different projects.

I have a custom field called "Resource Status" aka cf[12101].  It is a cascading select field.  Some primary values are "Active" and "Inactive."  One of the secondary values for "Active" is "Production."  There are multiple configurations/contexts defined for this field for various projects.

This search works:

cf[12101] in cascadeOption(None)

These searches generate the error message in the subject line:

cf[12101] in cascadeOption(None,None)

cf[12101] in cascadeOption("Active",None)

cf[12101] in cascadeOption("Active","Test")

These searches fail even if I limit the query to a specific project.

I can successfully search for primary and secondary values using, e.g.:

cf[12101] = "Active"

cf[12101] = "Production"

But if I want to search for those issues that are specifically "Active - Production" I can't do it with cascadeOption().

Am I doing something wrong?  Is there another way to search for specific Primary-Secondary value combinations?

Thanks

Lionel Cassin

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Aaron Ives July 26, 2016

We also encountered this problem.  We found it was due to the (cascade) custom field in question having empty contexts - deleting these cleared the errors.

0 votes
Marc Jason Mutuc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2015

I am also encountering this error. I also cannot figure it out.

Marc Jason Mutuc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2015

Got to solve the error. There where two configurations with the same option. One configuration has it disabled. I deleted this disabled option and everyting worked properly.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events