Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedding Confluence Page in my web site

rfossella November 14, 2016

I have an internal company web site that serves custom content as well as embedded  sites - e.g. Google calendar.  The embedding is done via iframes so that css and javascript remain self-contained.

I would like to embed my Confluence home page into my site.  I have looked through the REST API and can successfully retrieve JSON responses - e.g. http://confluence.mycompany..com/rest/api/content?spaceKey=TS&expand=body.view.value and understand what's being returned.

Two questions

1. is there a preferred (straight-forward) way to return the styled content and simply embed into my site
  2. if (1) is not an option what is the preferred (recommended) way to use the JSON content and display content

Has anyone done this?

Again, the use iFrames for self-containment is important.

Thanks

Rob

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Anand Inamdar_Amoeboids
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2017

We have recently released an add-on for this, 'Embedder for Confluence' - you may want to take a look.

Gerald Lopez April 18, 2018

Is there a downloadble version for SERVER instead of cloud? 

Anand Inamdar_Amoeboids
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2018

Hello @Gerald Lopez,

Embedder is only available for the cloud version of Confluence.

Best,

Anand

Marc Berger December 12, 2018

Hi @Anand Inamdar_Amoeboids

What are then the options to embed a page from the server version of Confluence ?

Thanks for your help,

Marc

Anand Inamdar_Amoeboids
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 12, 2018

@Marc Berger, we haven't come across any credible options that would embed confluence server pages. There are always some kind of hacks but they are just that - 'hacks' & do not guarantee a seamless user experience.

Marc Berger December 12, 2018

Thanks for your answer @Anand Inamdar. Too bad :( Please let us know when there a feature will be released.

0 votes
Panos
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2016

Answer got updated

0 votes
Panos
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2016

Why don't you just 

<iframe src="my-page's-url-here"></iframe>

Take a look here to remove restriction in headers

rfossella November 16, 2016

I tried the src attribute but get the following error:

Refused to display 'http://confluence.mycompany.com/display/MS/MySupportPage' in a frame because an ancestor violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "frame-ancestors 'self'".

Panos
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 16, 2016

check my edited answer again

rfossella November 16, 2016

Thanks for the info, although I'm a bit confused.  One article states that the "recommended" approach is to disable security on the Confluence server; another article states that this is dangerous to do and not recommended

I have used proxy programs to pull the html documents and then "manually" load into the iFrame, but the context of the page is completely lost since all CSS and JS files are based on relative paths.

Is there a Client (programmatic) way to handle this without modifying server entries.  Also, modifying the server is the admin's domain and I'm sure I'll get grief sad

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events