It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Emails are not being flushed from queue automatically

I'm currently having a problem with the outgoing Mail Queue in Jira 5.2.2

The mail (for notifications etc) was working fine up until yesterday, and now no emails are being sent, they are all just stuck in the queue. It is possible to manually flush these, but this is obviously not a long term solution.

I have restarted Jira multiple times, but this has not helped to fix the problem. Our mail exchange is also functioning normally with everything else.

Any help would be much appreciated!

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted

This was due to an issue with our proxy blocking the UPM (Universal Plugin Manager), which was in turn effecting emails being sent.

Thanks for the quick reply Rambanam!

My issue sounds exactly like the one described in your first link.

I've looked at the Memory monitor in Jira (troubleshooting & support -> system info). All of them are OK apart from 'PS Survivor Space'. Do you know if this one effects emails?

did you tried the following solution?

1. As a temporary measure, increase JIRA's Heap Space allocation.
  2. Restart the instance.
  3. For the root cause, see JIRA Crashes Due to 'OutOfMemoryError Java heap space'.

Admins need a way to NOT QUEUE EMAILS so that the SMTP server, Jira is connecting to, will handle that queuing for the system. Resulting in "Email Queue" issues being eliminated.

Please up this vote so that we can get some kind of resolution. All this work around stuff is NOT PRODUCTIVE.

https://answers.atlassian.com/vote/230289/up/

Community showcase
Published in Training & Certification

Introducing Atlassian University Live!

Atlassian University is committed to providing the best training and certification for Atlassian products through on-demand classes, in-person team training, a world-class certification program, and ...

195 views 3 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you