Sometimes most people face problem when we have to do certern changes in jira source code running under JIRA system. For example,
they want to have some Functionality to be added in Running jira Instance i found an easy way of doing it.
Jira System is made up of classes,so eaditing classes directly not possible.
Do the following changes.
Identify the classes in which functionality needs to be change.
1) I assume you have Jira source
2) now you have to find the Required classes from the Jira Source and Update Required Changes in java file for the functionality we are expecting.(In my case i wanted to hide the RoadMap from certain roles)
3) you can have any plugin which is compatible with jira required version.
create the same package over there and keep the .java file in that.
4) now when we compile the plug-in the .class file's get created in target/classes/package/ now we have .class file under plug –in environment the new file is available with Required functionality(e.g ahide the RoadMap from certain role)
5) Shutdown Jira
6) Go to :- \WEB-INF\classes\ at the required destination ,replace the .class file with newly created .class file
7) Restart Jira
Now you can get expected out-put.
Hope this will be Helpful
I have a few questions and I am very new to JIRA so I hope you understand.
I am hoping you can answer some of my followup questions.
1) By having the JIRA source, do you mean the .java file I am trying to modify?
- I have the java class file that I am trying to modify
2) Does this step mean make the changes in the file that I am trying to make?
3) Not exactly sure about this step
Is there anyone who can give some insight on this?
you have the java class file that you want to modify?
yes at the runtime the jira system communicate with applcation using the class file only.
if we analyzed the jira file structure its made up with classes.
we have to implement the change to specific class to enhance the default jira functionality.
please explain your problem what exactly you want to achive so i can give you suggections accordingly.
Happy Monday everyone! If you're anything like me, you tend to think a lot about what the future looks like. What are my kids up to in 15 years? Have we solved for climate change? How could TVs poss...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs