Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamicly create checklists (in custom filed checklist) depending on custom field Select List (multiple choices)

Jakov Mihaljevic March 13, 2017

Hi,

I want to realize a dynamic checklist like this:

1. Create an issue 
  2. select in a custom select list one or more items
  3. transition to "generate checklists"
  4. the transition should append all item-specific checklists in the custom filed checklist

I tried to realize that by placing multiple automation jobs on the trigger "Issue transitioned" and filtering with a JQL condition the specific item.

Then i use the "Edit Issue fields" in each item action like e.g.:

{{issue.fields.checklists}}
h1.Item A
{task}task A item A specific{task}
{task}task B item A specific{task}

That works file for one item but if i select two or more itmes, the checklist is always overwritten with the last one (from the selected list). But I need all.

Thanks for helping.

Jakov

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jakov Mihaljevic March 20, 2017

With the newest release today this is possilbe.

But you should use: 

{{issue.latest.fields.checklists}} instead {{issue.fields.checklists}}

andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2017

Thanks for posting this back here Jakov (and beating me to it wink)!

Just one little note about 'latest': Please only use this if necessary - it requires a complete re-fetch of the issue. If it's a large issue this can depending on what your automation rule does put considerable load on your JIRA instance. It's not such a big deal in server but it's a slightly bigger deal in cloud (API calls vs REST HTTP calls). 

In almost all other use cases just using 'issue' will be fine.

0 votes
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2017

Hi Jakov,

Sorry this isn't working as expected. Is the field called exactly 'checklists'? What do you see on the view issue page - is it possibly 'Checklists'?

The field name has to match exactly including case and space in smart-values, otherwise {{issue.fields.checklists}} will simply evaluate to the empty string.

I think that's what's going on here. If that's not it, then please raise a support request via https://codebarrel.io/support including screenshots of your rule configuration and some sample issues so I can take a closer look.

Cheers,
Andreas

Christian Axén March 13, 2017

This is something I need to know how to accomplish to. Could you post a how-to here or on your blog how this is done @Andreas Knecht?

Jakov Mihaljevic March 14, 2017

Hi @Christian Axén, I have posted my request at codbarrel support. I will let you know it I receive an answer.

Jakov Mihaljevic March 14, 2017

HI @Andreas Knecht, thanks for responding so quickly, but unfortunalty thats not the problem. The code will overwrite the correct custom filed, but multiple times instead of appending it.

andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2017

Jakovand I are just trying to figure out what's going on exactly in the support case. Once we've figured it all out I'll post back here @Christian Axén with a more generic solution.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events