Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does JIRA's REST API have something to adjust the time spent on an issue?

sherwin ncna September 19, 2011

I'm using JIRA's REST API and after checking the whole API (http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/) I didn't see anything that allows you to edit the time spent on an issue. But I believe that it's possible using this API. What did I miss in the API? Can someone tell me if there's a way to edit the time spent on an issue using this API? Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2011

Not at this time using REST API. You might want to try SOAP or create a REST plugin of your own!

Jon Cotter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2011

Yes... you can only do this via SOAP

Like John Kolthof likes this
0 votes
rich
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2011

You'll be able to do this when JIRA 5 lands.

mthiele
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 13, 2012

I am using JIRA 5.0.6 and I am not able to set the time spent for a task. Using cURL:

curl -D- -u user:**** -X PUT --data @test.json -H "Content-Type: application/json" http://nb098:8080/rest/api/latest/issue/TEST-23

and test.json like:

{"fields": {"timetracking": {"timeSpent": "60"} } }

I get an error: {"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"timetracking":"Setting the Time Spent directly is

not supported."}}. The same error occurs when I use "update" and "set" in the json file.

Is this still not supported by JIRA? Is there any way to set this value from outside of JIRA?

Thanks,

Michael

Tobias Schander February 24, 2017

Still unsuported in JIRA 7.1.4 via REST API.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events