Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Does JIRA's REST API have something to adjust the time spent on an issue?

I'm using JIRA's REST API and after checking the whole API (http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/) I didn't see anything that allows you to edit the time spent on an issue. But I believe that it's possible using this API. What did I miss in the API? Can someone tell me if there's a way to edit the time spent on an issue using this API? Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

Not at this time using REST API. You might want to try SOAP or create a REST plugin of your own!

Yes... you can only do this via SOAP

Like John Kolthof likes this
0 votes
rich Atlassian Team Sep 19, 2011

You'll be able to do this when JIRA 5 lands.

I am using JIRA 5.0.6 and I am not able to set the time spent for a task. Using cURL:

curl -D- -u user:**** -X PUT --data @test.json -H "Content-Type: application/json" http://nb098:8080/rest/api/latest/issue/TEST-23

and test.json like:

{"fields": {"timetracking": {"timeSpent": "60"} } }

I get an error: {"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"timetracking":"Setting the Time Spent directly is

not supported."}}. The same error occurs when I use "update" and "set" in the json file.

Is this still not supported by JIRA? Is there any way to set this value from outside of JIRA?

Thanks,

Michael

Still unsuported in JIRA 7.1.4 via REST API.

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Delivery and Operations Teams can be more Effective and Profitable

Managing services end-to-end, optimizing efforts to deliver the best services to customers. This is what team leaders and managers want to achieve. When using a tool like Jira, it...

28 views 0 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you