Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Crowd have an API for user aliasing?

Patrick Lightbody August 30, 2011

I'm looking through the API docs and don't see anything, but wanted to ask: is there a REST or SOAP API to control user aliasing?

My potential use case (exploring a few solutions) is that our apps are all built using Crowd authentication where email address is the username. However, we're starting to deploy a community (powered by Jive Software) where using the email address as the username is a bad idea, since the email address gets exposed on the public web.

So one idea I had was to use the aliasing capability that creates a unique alias for the "jive" application for each user. But to do this I really need a remote API.

Thanks!

Patrick

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2013

I want to do something similar and this appears to be the answer:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/31756/is-it-possible-to-set-application-aliases-using-the-crowd-rest-api

although that appears to be *the* sum total of the documentation, which doesn't really help much.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events