Do Smart Commits still work if the issue is moved to a different project?

John Smith August 18, 2016

If I have an issue in project x (PRJX) and I do a bunch of development.  When I commit I add the key "PRJX-##" to my GIT commit message.  Then JIRA recognizes those commits and key and puts them under the development/commits section of the issue.

If down the road I need to move the issue to project y (PRJY), will my previous commits that I tagged with "PRJX-##" still show up under the commits section of the issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Smith September 15, 2016

I gave this a try with a couple test projects and the JIRA issue must remember/track it's old keys and the smart commits still work even though the issue has a different key then what the Git commit message has.

0 votes
Adam Wride
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2016

Hi John - 

I'm not sure how the DVCS add-on (that is built into JIRA) handles moving projects after the fact, but I know that our add-on (Git Integration for JIRA Server) does support this. We added support for this back in March 2016.

John Smith September 15, 2016

Thanks for the help Adam.  The plugin looks good and seems to have lots of features.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events