Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying page content only, within a separate web application...

Matt Markus January 11, 2017

I am in the process of developing end-user documentation using Confluence pages. I need to link to these pages from an internal web application we have. For example, a user will click a help button on a given page and a new window will open that points to a confluence page for that page's help documentation. I thought I had this working by simply copying the url from the "View Source" action within the confluence site (it's a drop-down option in the upper right part of the confluence site when you click "...".  When linking to this page from our web app it displayed fine when I just had some tables and some text. However, now that I have added an html macro to display a 'close window' button, it doesn't work. The page shows my html/js code within the macro block as if you were in edit mode. No macros will work using this "view source" url.

To my understanding, there is no way to include html/js without using a macro, so how do I simply display the page with an html button that will close the window? Note, I can't use the "link to this page" option because that url will display the Confluence header with options. The requirement is to only show the documentation content within a separate window from our web app.

Is there any alternative I could use, something I'm not aware of? Note- I'm new to confluence and I'm sure there are tons of capabilities that I'm not aware of smile

Thanks

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2017

Hi Matt,

I was hiding header and side bar by including to a page body appropriate inline styles with "display: none".

Matt Markus January 12, 2017

Hi, thanks for your reply. Can I do this on the space level? I don't want to remove the header and side bar for every space in our site. That will not be acceptable as my space is unique and should be self-contained.

dosjots January 25, 2018

@Volodymyr Krupach

Would you be able to provide an example/code?  Are you editing from within "View Source" or is there a way you're embedding this on the page via a macro (ie, the HTML macro)?

Many thanks,

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events