Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable service desk customers automatically being added to confluence.

krejko February 29, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Loading Users from Active Directory, LDAP, Crowd or JIRA

Hello, my company currently has a JIRA instance running with service desk installed and a confluence instance intended for internal use only.  While JIRA works fine because the service desk users don't count towards the license, we are currently running into an issue where our confluence instance is becoming unusable because the service desk customers are being populated over and count towards the license causing it to be invalid because of too many users. These service desk users should not have access to our confluence space so we do not want them to be users on our confluence license. How can we configure our confluence instance to not copy these users over or to have them not count towards the license? Is there a way that we can do this through user groups?

I have seen this article and this question which worries me that managing users in this way may not be possible. If that is the case, it may be a deal breaker for using service desk with our JIRA instance. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Manse Wolken
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 29, 2016

Are the users from Service Desk also in the "confluence-users" group?

If yes, remove them from that group.

We use the Atlassian crowd stand alone product, but I believe you should be able to configure in the embedded crowd from jira, who may authenticate to which connected application. If you configured that all users may use confluence: Edit that setting so that only "confluence-users" may use confluence.

Krishna Patel June 6, 2018

thanks

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events