Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developing Jira dashboard gadgets with Atlassian Connect

OnCommerce GmbH September 4, 2013

I am curious whether it is possible to create dashboard gadgets for Jira with Atlassian Connect that can be installed in OnDemand instances of Jira.

If so,

• Where can I get additional Information?
  • Is there example source code somewhere?

If not,

• Is this planned in any way?

Thanks

Patrick

5 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
seb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 4, 2013

It is not currently possible to host a Gadget with Atlassian Connect. It is on our roadmap, but at the current time I am unable to give you an expected time frame.

Update: Dashboard items can be implemented now: https://developer.atlassian.com/static/connect/docs/latest/modules/jira/dashboard-item.html

OnCommerce GmbH September 11, 2013

Hi Seb,

thanks for the update. Unfortunately this renders Atlassian Connect in its current state useless for us. We are however very much looking forward to see this implemented in future versions!

Regards
Patrick

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2013

Hi Rambanam,

thanks for the links, looks promising!

The Interactive Descriptor Guide states for the <gadget> descriptor that it is "only available for locally installed plugins". Does this mean i cannot create a gadget for Atlassian OnDemand?

0 votes
seb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2015
0 votes
Bharath M May 27, 2015

Can we create gadgets now? -Bharath

0 votes

Hi Rambanam,

thanks for the links, looks promising!

The Interactive Descriptor Guide states for the <gadget> descriptor that it is "only available for locally installed plugins". Does this mean i cannot create a gadget for Atlassian OnDemand?

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events