Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detaching Jira from Confluence?

Vineet Kumar October 7, 2016

Hi All,

As a part of acquisition process we have to perform following tasks.

Current setup:

JIRA 5.2.4 is linked with Confluence 5.7.5, and user management is currently handled from Jira.

Target Setup:

1) Projects and users from JIRA has to be moved to a different production server of JIRA (can be done).
2) We need to seperate the authentication for confluence and should pick the users from LDAP.

point 2 is my concern,

Please suggest, What are the most effective steps to complete the task?
And what are issues which i can encounter while?

Hoping for a expert comment.

Thanks
Vineet

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mathiyalagan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2016

Hi @Emir Kusturica,

You have to disable/remove the JIRA user directory in confluence user management and do the same setup in confluence as like as JIRA user management setup(LDAP). So this way you can have de-attach the user management from JIRA and Confluence.

Is that a question?

Yes, Can you answer it?

What was that? I have re-posted the question, please do not answer that again, you were not helpful.

Mathiyalagan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2016

Hey Emir,

I don't mind your response, please understand its all about my experience. Whether its useful or not its up to you. But my answer will may able to help someone who really struggling for this solutions.

Thanks,

Que1) How will i create the same setup in Confluence without doing it manually?

Que 2) How will i connect the confluence to LDAP?

Mathiyalagan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2016

Your are welcome. Please refer following Atlassian document to configure LDAP in Confluence user directory,

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/connecting-to-an-ldap-directory-229838241.html

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events