cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define workflow-buttons order

T I
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2013

Hi,

I have a workflow with three steps: Evaluate, Close and Reopen.

A plugin of mine uses a web-item that creates an other workflow-button: Snooze.

I want to define the order of these buttons.

What I want (Evaluate should be first, Snooze second):

Therefore I added the property "opsbar-sequence" to the transitions.

Evaluate 20 | Close 60 | Reopen 60

The web-item, that creates Snooze, got the attribute "weight" 40.

But this is what I get:

It doesn't matter how I set the weight of Snooze. I can't achieve the order I want. If I set the weight of Snooze to 1-10 it lands on the first place. If I set it to 11 or higher it lands on the last place.

Any idea how to achieve the order I want?

5 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
William Crighton _CCC_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2014

We wrote a plugin to do this and believe it's worth it's price if you have a large installation. The plugin provides a drag and drop gui and allows reordering of workflow transitions within a step (reordering workflow transition steps is the next feature in our roadmap for the plugin).

You can find more out/install it/etc from the Marketplace page

We're currently offering a promotion for folks interested in our CCC Last Comment plugin where we include a free license to Transition Reorder X (what we call it) - had nearly $10K in sales of last comment since the promo went live and...nobody's bothered to download TRX. Strange when you can't even give it away...

Note: our plugin only works with the Server version of JIRA, it doesn't work with OnDemand. It does work with common transitions.

-wc

2 votes
William Crighton _CCC_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2014

TI - you name doesn't resolve when I try to @ T I you so you'll probably never see this but I just noticed that you'd used the same value for the second and third button per your OP:

Evaluate 20 | Close 60 | Reopen 60

Close and Reopen have the same opsbar sequence value. That could easily make the opsbar sorter loose it's head and refuse to sort anything, treating all of the existing statuses as if they had a opsbar value of 'null' - in which case your setting the new button opsbar to a value would work as you describe, it appearing at the start or at the end of the list.

@Treethawat Thanawachiramate - Thanks for the link to the you tube video - we have a plugin (CCC Transition Reorder X) to sort the options but I don't think people understand how it works.....time to get into the screen-recording business again.

-wc

1 vote
Treethawat Thanawachiramate November 9, 2014

Hi,

Found some good clip from you tube. Hope this help.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKrzm6PrY7w

0 votes
Dipti Ranjan Behera
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2013

Hi @Tomasz,

why dont you try with 10,20,30

:https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Web+Item+Plugin+Module

T I
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2013

It doesn't matter if it's 10,20,30 or 20,40,60.

0 votes
Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 11, 2013

I can reproduce the problem. It seems the "opsbar-sequence"-Property is neither used for rendering in JIRA core nor the one you set it the step-properties.

If you use a Plugin, you could try to reorder with jQuery.

T I
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2013

I try this one.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events