Dedicating bamboo Agent for build plans

babu babu May 19, 2014

Hi All,

I want to dedicate a bamboo agent for the build plans with its job requirements matching the capabilities of the agent(Not by the build plans without any requirements)..

To acieve this..
I have created a agent 'Agent1' with custom capability 'special'. In the build plans(for example Plan1 and Plan2) I have added custom requirements 'special' to its job and Plan1 and Plan2 are executed by 'Agent1' as expected.

The problem is .. I also have many build plans without any requirements added to its Jobs and these plans are also using 'Agent1'.. Also the deployment project-> environment with No agents are also using’ Agent1’.

I want the 'Agent1' to be used only by Plan1 and Plan2... The plans with NO matching requirement and the deployment project with No agents should not use 'Agent1'.

Can anyone help me implement this solution?

Thanks

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
ssetayeshfar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

Hello,

It's unfortunately not currently possible to dedicate an agent to a build plan (Or set of build plans). You can only dedicate a remote agent to a deployment environment at the moment.

We have an open improvement request to have this feature implemented:

- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-3491

Please review this ticket and vote/add yourself as a watcher to receive updates.

Thank you.

Best,

Sepideh

0 votes
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2014

Hi

This feature will be available in upcoming Bamboo 5.6

HN February 3, 2016

Is this a bamboo admin operation? Does it also override the 'requirement' option per task where you set the capability thus giving you the ability to choose a different agent?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events