Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date Expression Compare Validator Fixed Date Syntax

Alex Jones January 14, 2016

I want to be able to compare a date entered into a standard field called End Date to ensure that it is > a certain fixed date, that date bining March 26, 2016. I am using the Date Expression Compare Validator and in the expression field I am using a fixed date, however it is not being recognised.

I am entering that date in the format 
26/March/2016
2016-03-26
2016/03/26
and none of these seem to work, only get error message "2016-03-26 expression not valid"

What should the syntax be so that the expression compares against a fixed date?

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2016

Hey Alex,

Using JIRA Suite Utilities you cannot compare Date with Date expression, It can only have parameters specified as in below documentation.

https://jsutil.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JSUTIL/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Workflow+Validators#JIRASuiteUtilitiesWorkflowValidators-DateExpressionCompareValidator

Regards

Chander Inguva

0 votes
LukasG December 5, 2016

Hi - you can solve this with Workflow Essentials for JIRA - it allows you to compare a date against a fixed date as well as a variable expression. Its not free but comes with many more Validators and Features. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events