Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVCS - Commit tab or Source tab?

dbrewerTTech March 24, 2014

Our developers are used to using the "Source" tab in JIRA, but it seems that clicking the source tab only shows us the three options for FishEye, BitBucket and Stash. We use BitBucket. We also don't have a "Commit" tab and we have DVCS installed.

Is there something I need to enable to show the correct information under "Source"? Or does DVCS use the Commit tab to show the latest commits? If so, how do I display it?

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2014

DVCS uses the "Commits tab". The "Source" tab is used to display data from Stash and FishEye. A common confusion that usually occurs is related to references to FishEye and Stash on the Commit tab in JIRA, those references are wrong, there's a ticket remove this information: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/DCON-342

Cheers

dbrewerTTech March 24, 2014

Great Thanks!

Also, how do I bring up the commit tab? It doesn't seem to display.

Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2014

If the commits tab is not appearing, I'd suggest to check whether all modules of the DVCS plugins are enabled, the bitbucket repository is configured and synchronizing with no issues and that the user accessing the issue has View Development Tools permission on the project.

Cheers

Yuanjie Li April 16, 2014

Hi Tiago

I encountered the same problem...

We are just ordered Ondemand JIRA and BitBucket together..

and i don't think there needs any other configuration of the JIRA and the DVCS Account, does there?

dbrewerTTech April 16, 2014

I don't believe so no. I also could not bring back the commit tab no matter what I did and I'm not sure what happened. We're running a local installation.

0 votes
Bogdan Zurac April 16, 2014

We encountered the same problem. Only Source tab is being shown. OnDemand + Bitbucket, all commits show up everywhere else, except the Commits tab is nowhere to be found.

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2014

DVCS uses the "Commits tab". The "Source" tab is used to display data from Stash and FishEye. A common confusion that usually occurs is related to references to FishEye and Stash on the Commit tab in JIRA, those references are wrong, there's a ticket remove this information: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/DCON-342

Cheers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events