Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize Jira login page

Alex Baru October 25, 2011

Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove the "Not a member? To request an account, please contact your JIRA Administrators" text from Jira login screen? THis is for Jira 4.4..

I would appreciate your help.

4 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Uwe March 4, 2015

and the loginform on Dashborad?

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2011

? Um, thats the link I already posted :)

Alex Baru November 4, 2011

Andy, my bad :)) I guess i never saw that you mentioned the login-gadget.soy file and it took me a while to figure out where the code is :)) ... Thanks for your help!!

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2011

The SignUp portion is because you have JIRA configured for Public access. Switch to Private access and that portion will go away.

The Contact Administrators link is by default there in both cases. There are at least two places that you need to change to remove both references

1. You need this to fix the Login link on the Dashboard which shows a non gadget login form (yes, it is still actually used, even in 4.4.x)

atlassian-jira/includes/loginform.jsp

Commenting out the following should do the trick:

<ww:text name="'login.requestaccount'">
 <ww:param name="'value0'"><%=contactAdministratorLink%></ww:param>
</ww:text>

2. To fix the gadget, according to http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+Customise+the+Login+Gadget you need to modify the atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip. There is a gadgets/login-gadget.soy file there that _should_ be all that needs to be changed. Probably.

Alex Baru October 26, 2011

In Jira 4.4 this doesn't work (I actually think loginform.jsp is not used since 4.1)..

Do we have any other suggestions?

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events