Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize Fisheye/Crucible Look and Feel (Color Scheme)?

Adam Barylak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2013

I want to change the color scheme of Fisheye/Crucible. I have downloaded and installed the JSP Source version of Fisheye/Crucible. However, i have not worked with JSP files before, and i also don't know where to start to change the header color and mouseover highlight color. If everything was in straight CSS files in the Content folder, i wouldn't have a problem.

Please help. At least if someone could point me in the right direction, that would be great. Thanks.

I am using Fisheye/Crucible 3.1.4

3 answers

2 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
aborowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2016

Hi,

I am glad to say there is new plugin for FishEye and Crucible that enables high-level theme customization.

Check out Atlassian Marketplace page

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2013

Hi Adam,

I have created a KB based on the support issue we've investigated together:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHKB/Customizing+FishEye+and+Crucible+Look+and+Feel

It's great that it helped you.

Adam Barylak
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2013

Another note about this:

I used the JSP source installation of Fisheye/Crucible and then also implemented the methods of updating the CSS described in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Customising+FishEye%27s+look+and+feel

To explain: I copied the CSS files i wanted to edit into the FISHEYE_INST/Content/<dir structure> folder. Then i zipped up the files with gzip (i used 7zip to accomplish this on Windows). Then, i was able to Flush the Content cache and get the changes to display (sometimes i had to restart Fisheye, or follow the directions on the Content page to reset the cache completely). This method will allow me to completely overwrite the installation directory while keeping my CSS changes, and only have to make minor changes to the directory tree or file names to keep my color theme after upgrades.

Adam Barylak
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2013

In addition to what is in that KB article, i would like to mention that the header colors for Crucible are also controlled by the same type of CSS as Fisheye. I placed the same CSS for the Fisheye changes into the CSS file for Crucible and was able to change the header colors on the Crucible side with that. Hope that helps anyone else looking to change the theme of Fisheye/Crucible.

0 votes
Adam Barylak
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 12, 2013

just to clarify, i have searched the content of the JSP for simple things like the header background color code, but have only found that color code in tex-shadow css values. (default background color code: #205081)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events