Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Field Encryption

Ariel Rosa August 7, 2014

Is there a way to add data encryption to a Custom Field data throught java code?
Or I can only secure the information via database encryption?

If there is, any tutorials/tips on how?

Thanks in advance.

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ariel Rosa August 14, 2014

I've created a plugin using AES Encryption throught JAVA Coding and it works great.

Alex Tabrizi August 19, 2015

Where can I see your plugin? Can I a get a copy?

1 vote
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2014

I think you will probably need to write your own custom add-on in order to do this. I've not seen anything commercially available that provides encrypted fields.

Another alternative might be to use Issue Security. You won't get encryption, but you can limit which users can see the issue. That's built-in to the product, so there is no writing of code or cost to make use of that. I hope that helps.

0 votes
Ryan Kennedy May 18, 2017

We have the same issue - since we often need to store senstive data in JIRA attachments we decided to build our own solution to help.

We are an Atlassian Solution Partner and we've just released something that might help. It's called Team Secrets and it protects sensitive file attachments in JIRA with end-to-end encryption for attachment uploads and 2 factor verification for downloads.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/io.teamsecrets.jira.prod/cloud/overview

Please try the add-on and let us know your thoughts!

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events